ONLY AVAILABLE AT NEWTOWN SHOP
The New Progear Mid Drive bikes feature the Bafang Max Motor. Plenty of power and functionality. Serious value for such a fun ebike to ride.
The Progear E-Cology is a 700c Shimano Nexus internal 7 speed Revo shift Alloy step through Electric City Bike with the Bafang MAX-01 Electric Drive System. E-Cology is a pedal assist bike using the acclaimed Bafang MAX-01 E-Bike system, coupled with the 36v/11.6 AH Phylion battery that has Panasonic cells and a matched Phylion charger which complies to all required standards. The Strong and lightweight Alloy Frame is a step through style ensuring a comfortable fit for all cyclists of all ages and is easier to dismount in heavy traffic.
Available with upgraded hydraulic Magura rim brakes for ultimate stopping power and low maintenance.
- The comfortable Kenda Kahn 700c tyres along with fenders and rear alloy rack ensure comfortable city and cycle path cycling.
- The SR-Suntour Pre-load adjustable suspension forks further add to your comfort.
- Power from the Bafang electric motor will assist your pedalling to get you there and back again.
- Reliable and low maintenance Tektro Alloy V brakes provide all the stopping power needed
- The alloy frame, rims and components make the Progear E-Cology a light weight e-bike but with the strength where needed.
- The motor is mid drive and in general a mid drive motor powers through the drivetrain (transmission) of the bike which enables the motor to help with long & steep climbs and power up to high speeds on flat roads.
- The lower centre of gravity also provides better handling, easier to lift on and off a bike rack and removal of either wheel is easier.
- The Mid Drive Bafang motor is 26v/250w and limited to 25km/h ensuring Australian Standards compliance.
Travel distance on our Electric Bikes:
The travel distance after a full charge on this e-Bike can vary from 30km to 50km.
There are several factors that will affect how long the battery will last after a full charge.
- Factors include:
- - Level of pedal assistance – higher level of assistance will use more battery charge
- - Weight of Rider & Luggage – more weight may require more power from the battery
- - Terrain & Weather Conditions – Terrain & wind may cause drag, and will require more power to maintain speed.
- - Tyre Conditions – Incorrect tyre pressure may create more rolling resistance
- - Traffic/Route Conditions – Stop/Start cycling may use more power to accelerate up to appropriate travelling speeds.
What is the best way to communicate with you?
The best way to communicate with us is texting through sms or whatsapp. Due to the high number of riders, we are not able to take phone calls.
When can I come to your shop?
Please book a test ride from our website or just text us to confirm an appointment.
What do I need to have with me when registering?
You will only need to bring your credit / debit card and your Passport / Australian Driver's license with you.
How much is it to rent a bike?
We have different payment methods suitable for every budget. Our RENT ONLY plans start from $69 a week. The RENT TO BUY plans include 6/ 8/ 10/ 12-month payment periods starting from $60. If you would like to BUY one of our e-bikes, the price will start from $1210 depending on the e-bike.
How much is the bond?
We require a $300 bond, which will fully be refunded if you return the bike with no damage. You can pay your bond cash or by card.
What is included in the price?
Your e-bike will come with free battery charger, helmet, front and back lights, delivery basket, secure lock and phone holder. The rental fee also includes free general maintenance service every month.
How is the bike maintenance will be like?
Your rental includes a free general maintenance every month. You can book a service through our website. In case of an emergency please message us through our phone on 0415 655 468
Is there an insurance for the bikes?
Unfortunately, there is no insurance company in Australia covering delivery e-bike accidents or theft. Therefore, we are not able to provide an insurance.
What do I do if I want to return my bike?
To book a return you will need to use the book a return section in our website. We require at least 3 days notice in returns to avoid extra charges.
What are your working hours?
We are open between 10:00 am and 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday and between 11:00 am to 4:30 pm on Saturdays.
What do I do If I lose my bike or it is stolen?
If you have lose your bike or get it stolen, you are responsible for paying the retail price of your bike + the loss fee. The loss fee will depend on the type of the bike you have been using and the payment you have made so far. Please come see us at our shop immediately